Friday, January 20, 2012

A Few More Tips

Its been a busy week so I haven't had a chance to write a good blog post.  I hope to have my laundry soap post up soon :)  Since my last post about the changes we have made over the past year, I have gotten some great suggestions from some friends and I have also thought of a few more things myself.  So here are some more tips on how to save yourself some money.


Some suggestions from Mom-Pinion:


Use coupons in conjunction with store sales- sometimes you can get the name brands cheaper than the store brands this way.


Do not buy lunches out, her husband takes leftovers for lunch in order to save some dough.


Get memberships to places or use groupon and living social deals on kids stuff.


Use redbox for movie rentals, you can google free codes to get free movie rentals.


Sell your unused stuff on ebay or craigslist.


When you do go out to eat, share your food with your small children.


Shut off the AC or heat when no one is home.


Take advantage of kids eat free nights at local restaurants.


Do not use credit cards- she has been credit card free for more than 3 years now.


Some more of my own tips:


I do all the family hair.  I cut my boys and husband's hair and I do my daughter's relaxer.  I dye and cut my own hair as well as trim the girl's hair.  This saves me $100s a year.


I use swagbucks.  This year I swagged from September until early December and got $75 in free amazon gift cards.  I used them to get Christmas gifts for my kids.


Go to the library instead of the book store.


Hang your clothes out on the clothesline if you can.


I only fill up on gas during the week since gas prices go up on the weekends.


I buy gas at Sheetz since they have the rewards card.  Sometimes I get gas at Kroger when I have enough points on my Kroger rewards card to get a good price on gas.















1 comment:

  1. oh yeah swags good one!!

    Also Ebates! if I order anything online i go through Ebates , I have gotten over 30.00 in 6 months by going through them.

    ReplyDelete