Saturday, January 21, 2012

This Week's Grocery Trip


Here are the dinners I planned for this week, the list of food I need for the week, and the cost of the food I bought.  I usually do 7 dinners, but this week I did 8 because I was shopping a day early and we were pretty cleaned out of food.  I also bought more fruit than usual because I'm on my newest health kick and I got extra chicken and veggies because I am going to start making my lunches for work rather than eating the prepackaged crap.  

I do my shopping at 2 different stores.  I always go to Aldi first and get everything on my list that I possibly can there, then I finish up at Food Lion.  I don’t generally get meat at Aldi, meat is about the only thing I don’t like their prices on.
I have divided the shopping list up by store.


Dinners:

curry chicken, chili, spaghetti, poor man stew, meatloaf, salisbury steak, stroganoff, tacos

Aldi:
4 lb. rice
2 lb. spaghetti noodles
2 bags egg noodles
chicken bullion
2 cans tomato sauce 
2 cans tomato paste
chili powder
salt
1 jar gravy
1 can kidney beans
1 can black olives
3 blocks cream cheese
1 bag shredded mexican style cheese
1 container sour cream
1 bag apples 
2 cans pineapple
1 bag broccoli
1 bag peas
1 bag corn
1 bag carrots
1 bag green beans
1 bag white potatoes
snacks for kids
cake mixes and frosting for the husband
sugar
3 loaves bread 
3 boxes cereal
1 gallon milk
1 jar peanut butter
Food Lion:
3 bags chicken
8 packs ground turkey
2 lb. beef cubes
curry powder
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans chick peas
I can’t believe its not butter spray
1 bag cauliflower
3 sweet potatoes
soda- 1- 6 pack each diet coke and pepsi max
Aldi total- $54.84
Food Lion total- $48.21
Total- $103.05
this will feed my family of 8 for 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment